Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday, Monday, Monday! This might sound crazy, but I'm usually glad to see Monday come around as far as a diet standpoint, because I tend to stick to my plan better when I'm at work.
I did pretty good this weekend. I have to say I did eat more carbs than normal. I had WAY to many of my pumpkin muffins, a bowl of air popped popcorn, more pumpkin muffins, several bowls of homemade red/kidney beans with saussage, what else???? It might have been my bodies way of telling me, "hey we need some carbs in here". I don't eat many during the week. Anyway, my stomach doesn't feel to poochie this morning, but I know after tonights run I'll feel much better. Mentally at least!

Didn't do much this weekend. My Saturday morning plans of having coffee by myself on the couch relaxing and planning out the day were nixed by me waking up to the sound of my 11yr old trying to wake up my 15yr old so they could get an early start on the golf course, which I had to drive them to. They sleep till 11 and 12:00 on the weekdays, but the one day I have plans for early morning peace and quiet, they get up early??? Oh well, I'm know one day I will miss all of that!

I lifted weights Saturday, and boy do I feel it today. I can only do 3 sets of 5 with the 20lb weights for bicep curls, and after I do those, I hold the weight with both hands and do 1 set of 15. I also used my weight bench as a stair stepper and did up downs with each leg 20 times. My calfs are really feeling that today also. I love the feeling you get from lifting!

This week is going to be pretty much like last week as far as workouts go. Jog/Walk 3 miles Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, then on Wednesday & Saturday lift weights. I really need to kick up my water consumption. I've been trying to get in a gallon a day, which can be hard sometimes! I didn't drink but maybe 2 glasses of water this weekend. NOT GOOD! Way too many diet Dr. Peppers! I know, I know, they are bad! BUT, good news, I didn't have any Michelob Ultra Lights either, that is really good!

So, I wish us all a wonderful week of sticking to our plans, keeping positive thoughts in our minds, and just doing the best that we can. Keep on keeping on!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you on the water/diet sodas. I LOVE diet dew! My goal is to drink 3 L each day. I cannot seem to get the gallon and still feel comfortable. A gallon is a lot for me.

    Hope your Tuesday went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a water mission today, 1 gallon must be drank/drunk....consumed. Many trips to the bathroom! I hate that part!

    ReplyDelete