Thursday, June 17, 2010


Ran at the track last night.  Me, husband, son & his girlfriend. I woke up this morning and started my day off with a 20 min jog/walk around the nieghborhood.  I'm loving to start my day off this way, it's great!  I would love to bottle up the energy & feelings I get from doing this.  I have worked out twice a day everyday this week so far.  Hope it lasts!  I've eaten healthy all week, my protein this week has been from FF Cottage Cheese, Egg Whites & 1 pouch of Salmon, oh and canned beans, kidney & garbanzo beans.   I have eaten mainly fresh/frozen veggies and alot of them, and fresh fruit.  I have been on a hummus kick BIG TIME!  I've been making my own, minus the tahinni, which is ground sesame seeds from what I've read.  If I'm not buying hummus, I'm making it myself and I LOVE it!!!!! My only problem is, if it is one,  is that I can eat a whole can of chick peas/garbanzo beans, and I roast fresh veggies to dip into it.  I roast zuchinni, squash, brocolli, cauliflower, eggplant & carrots,  it's all soo yummy with the hummus.   Hummus kinda reminds me of mashed potatos.  I love it.  Sabra has the BEST artichoke & spinach hummus.  I need to make a trip to Sams and get me a couple of tubs of it, because I haven't seen it at my local HEB or Walmart.  It's made by Sabra and it's sooooo soooo good! 
Have you ever made homemade hummus? If so how did you make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment