Fasting today. I took some progress pics last night, wasn't thrilled overall, but I could see some changes for sure. As far as I'm concerned, I have a long way to go. In my husbands eyes, I'm there. He's soo complimentary of me all the time. He really is a wonderful supportive husband and he's always telling me how beautiful I am. I love him! I on the other hand see every little flaw, bulge & roll and I'm not where I want to be, at least not standing in front of the mirror in a bikinni. I will work hard this week to keep my calorie intake low and get in some great workouts. I'm gonna bust a move! Peace to all!
When you say that you are fasting, do you actually eat nothing that day or do you just eat minimal? Why do you fast?
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, I have been following the Eat Stop Eat program. What I do is I eat about a 200 calorie breakfast in the morning around 7 a.m., and that is all I have all day besides water/coffee/diet soda, until 7 a.m. the next day. I do this twice a week, but the days are not back to back.
ReplyDeleteDo you find that you are feeling super hungry throughout the day? How about the next day do you eat more calories than usual? I was reading about the Eat Stop Eat diet...interesting concept. How long have you been doing this?
ReplyDeleteSusan, I have been doing it for about 3 or 4 weeks. On the days that I fast, I really don't get SUPER hungry. I do have a breakfast of 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese mixed with one instant pack of sugar free oatmeal, and that's all I have on the day of my fast. Sometimes I do get hungry, but if I drink a glass of water or a diet soda, it helps, but I haven't been starving yet. I try NOT to eat more calories the days I'm not fasting, I've been trying to stick to around 1200 a day. I'm 5 foot tall, period. I'm a short gal, so I can get by with 1200 calories a day. I try! Being as short as I am, 5lbs looks like 10 on me is what I've always said. I love food, and I'm finding this is a way of controling some of my food issues? I don't know exactly if it's working or not, but I'm going to continue to fast 2 days out of the week. Nice talking to you, Julie
ReplyDelete